Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MoFo Survey Says...



1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Either almond milk or So Delicious coconut milk.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, boiled chicken style seitan, vegan grillades and grits.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Earth Balance, Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, and nooch.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? You know, I don't think I've had any catastrophic food failures. I've made some gross food but nothing too bad.

5. Favorite pickled item? Not really a fan of picked items.

6. How do you organize your recipes? Either in cookbooks, a folder on my computer, or a pile on my cookbook shelf.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Trash.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? Peanut butter, bread, and pizza.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Every family Thanksgiving and Christmas in my parents house.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Cinnamon roll or peanut butter ice cream from Sweet Action.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance? It's a toss-up between my food processor and cast iron pan.

12. Spice/herb you would die without? Tony Chachere's. I put on nearly everything I cook.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? A cookbook put together by my elementary school's PTA.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Strawberry.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Chili.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? Tofu!

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? I like cooking in the afternoon and evening.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Apples, a bag of plums, and some oranges.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Coconut milk ice cream, edamame, and cooked black beans.

20. What’s on your grocery list? I make a meal plan every Saturday and go from there.

21. Favorite grocery store? Trader Joe's. I'm still in mourning that Colorado doesn't have any.

22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. Either andouille or my mom's red beans and rice recipe that's full of ham.

23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3? The Urban Housewife, The PPK blog, and Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk.

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? Raspberry and dark chocolate Chocolove bars.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? A jar of Justin's Maple Almond Butter.

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with? Veganaise. I hated mayonnaise as an omni so I'm scared of its vegan counterpart ruining any recipe I try it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment